Fall is in full swing and Halloween is right around the corner.
Whether you're into DIY, up-cycling, or looking to simplify—we've got ideas to help you make a fun and festive Halloween without breaking the bank.
- Find gently used adult and children's costumes from websites like Ebay, Facebook Marketplace, and swap.com. Rental costumes can also be found on halloweencostumes.com, or you can support a local rental costume shop. Rentals are a particularly good option if you'd like to wear a more elaborate or period costume that's better quality than those sold in stores.
- Check out our Pinterest Halloween Board for a bunch of fun, easy DIY Halloween costumes.
- Looking for a way to reduce plastic this Halloween? Paper boxed candy, full size or minis, are a great alternative to plastic wrapper candy and can be purchased in bulk. Hershey kisses (with recyclable wrappers) are also an inexpensive and low-waste option to pass out to Trick-or-Treaters.
- Here are a few of our favorite Halloween upcycled craft projects that kids will love: Milk jug ghost lanterns and Toilet Paper Roll Mummies
- Create a spooky display using a Looksee Felt Board + Halloween Boo felt pack. This is an easy way to create a seasonal sign with the freedom to change your design for future occasions.
- BOO someone. Put together a spooky surprise for a neighbor or friend, and secretly drop it off on their doorstep. We've got a set of free "You've been Booed" Printables to help you get the ball rolling in your neighborhood. Simply save the images below, print, and share the Halloween spirit.